Parent responsibilities include assisting in the teacher in the classroom once or twice a month. Each family is also assigned a year-long position, which helps support the school's academic, creative or social aspects. Our program provides parents with the opportunity to share in their child's first school experience while creating a community environment that enables the school to function.
- Attend a parent meeting once a month.
- Hold a job within preschool
- Have a current TB test
- Participate in fundraisers, as needed
- Juniors: Based on a full class of 15 children, parents will work in the classroom approximately 10 times during the school year.
- Seniors: Based on a full class of 15 children, parents will work in the classroom approximately 15 times during the school year.
Two parents are required to work in the classroom each school day and assist the teacher. Classroom duties of parents consist of: helping to set up and put away equipment, interact and play with the children, assist the teacher with crafts, and tidy up the classroom. Hours of the participating parents are 8 to 11:45 a.m.
- Pre-admission physical and TB test
- Current immunizations, as required by the State of California.
- Age 3 by September 1 for juniors (exceptions are considered)
- Age 4 by September 1 for seniors (exceptions are considered)