Parent responsibilities include assisting in the classroom, occasionally providing a snack and assisting the teacher as needed. Each family is also assigned a year-long position which helps support the school's academic, creative or social aspects. Additionally, there are opportunities for chairing a school board position and participating in school fund-raisers and activities. Our program provides parents with the opportunity to share in their child's first school experience while creating a team environment that enables the school to function.
- Attend a parent meeting once a month.
- Hold a job within preschool
- Have a current TB test
- Participate in fundraisers, as needed
- Juniors: Based on a full class of 15 children, parents will work in the classroom approximately 10 times during the school year.
- Seniors: Based on a full class of 15 children, parents will work in the classroom approximately 15 times during the school year.
Two parents are required to work in the classroom each school day and assist the teacher. Classroom duties of parents consist of: helping to set up and put away equipment, interact and play with the children, assist the teacher with crafts, provide a nutritious snack when scheduled and tidy up the classroom. Hours of the participating parents are 8 to 11:45 a.m.
- Pre-admission physical and TB test
- Current immunizations, as required by the State of California.
- Age 3 by September 1 (Junior Class)- Age 4 by September 1 (Senior Class)
(Exceptions to the age requirement may be made at the recommendation of the Teacher with approval of the board prior to registration.)
Children must be ready for the type of experience we offer and be able to benefit from the program. All forms required by state law must be completed prior to enrollment. Membership will be granted without discrimination as to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry.